Saturday, January 15, 2011

Success! She Ate!

I just wanted to share this fabulous pics of Harlow at lunch today.  When control-freak momma let go and just let her have fun, she ate 2 crackers and almost an entire jar of green beans!


As you can see, she loved it!  She even ate off a spoon too- and laughed the entire time.

But then there were green beans in her ears, so I got to play control freak again....



Ahh, clean baby!  And she even brushed her teeth :-)

(oh yeah, in case you haven't figured it out- I just learned how to add pictures last night, LOL)

4 comments:

  1. yea harlow! she looks like she loved it.

    maybe if you do this again before bedtime - she will sleep (equals mommy sleep LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy sleep sounds FABULOUS! I just need to figure out a way to get her to eat; without necessitating 2 baths a day. I don't have that kind of time or energy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. honey - she can live with food crusty stuff on her while you take care of other shit - like yourself, like a long hot bath, like a walk ALONE around the block, like sleeping...really.

    many kids (you and jaxx) have had dried food, sticky hair, dirty toes and have lived through it! LOL.

    i get it cause i am a total neat freak but now that i have lil and alena here all the time i see that it does not matter if alena has cantaloupe in her ear or if lil has popsicle in her hair. i don't give a shit.

    (sigh)i know it is hard. i always thought i was being judged by the way my house looked or how my kids looked/acted.....one good thing about getting old (yeah, your mommy is 46 years old) is that you realize none of that means shit.

    you know what is important? harlow, in her chair today-munching on crackers and slopping down a jar of green beans all over the place. she ate. she dug it. it's all good.

    you are doing a great job and i am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, you're right. And yeah, it is a fear of being judged. I will admit, I cropped the one picture so that you couldn't see the fingerprints smudged on the fridge next to her. You'd think I'd be over it by now; maybe by the time Ty has kids (in 20 years) I'll stop worrying.

    ReplyDelete