Monday, February 14, 2011

My daughter, the graceful one

Ugh, so Tori was jumping on her bed last Wednesday night and fell; hitting her head on the head board.  By Friday she was complaining of blurry vision and her head still hurt.  Well after a phone consult with the nurse at her doctor's office, I took her to Urgent Care.  They looked at her for about 2 minutes and sent us to Childrens ER.  They said she managed to give herself a concussion, but would be just fine.

Fast forward through a weekend of crying about her head hurting (like random, out of nowhere shrieking "Oh my god, my head hurts!")

Tonight, my darling Princess Grace smacked her head again, on the bathroom counter, because she was hit with one of those stabby head pains again-- but this time it made her dizzy too.

To my more experienced momma-friends out there- is this the normal progression for a "mild head injury"?  Or do I need to call the doctor again?  She missed so much school because of her lymph node surgery, I hate to take her out if I don't have to.

So, internet- help me parent, because tonight I'm just not sure what to do!

1 comment:

  1. I would say take her back in.... she should not be in pain enough to make her scream. It will make you dizzy but that to me sounds like more than just a mild concussion. But everyone deals with pain in different ways, so it may just be that she does not handle pain as well as some?! Guess I really didn't help much but if it were me I would take her in, better to be safe than sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete